1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? His wee elves wrap them silly!!! …And Satan, erm, I mean, Santa places them under the tree….
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Outdoor I’d go with white, indoor could be white or coloured. White IMHO is more classic, but I have fond memories associated with my childhood Christmas’ that make me cry out ‘coloured’!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I don’t hang it because I don’t have anyone to kiss other than my children and the dog…and I just grab ’em all anyway…they really don’t have much of a say in it 😉 (offers of puckering up in the com box please 😉
5. When do you put your decorations up? About 2 Sundays before Christmas or there abouts.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Christmas dinner. Especially when cooked by my Mum. Turkey crown, vegetables, potatoes, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, stuffing, yorkshire pudding, gravy, fine mustard…..yummy!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The night before Christmas when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse….I’m not writing any more about that here as I’m going to post an article about my childhood Christmas memories in a few days!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? Are ya talking about the myth that he don’t exist!!!????!!! Well I’ll be darned, just what sucker wrote this meme?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Never. I want all my pressies on Christmas morning 🙂 And I’d never be able to pick which one to open and wish I’d opened another anyway in a ‘Monk-esque’ kinda way….actually I don’t get many prezzies nowadays that I’m an old fart, but I do believe that the best gifts often come in small packages 😉
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Rudolph always gets a carrot, Santa usually gets a luxury chocolate coated biscuit or a choc chip cookie if I’m sick of…. erm in case he’s sick of luxury covered choccie bickies 🙂
11. Snow! Love it or hate it? Love it as long as the roads are clear for traveling and as long as I don’t get whacked with snowballs.
12. Can you ice skate? Never tried it, though I have accidentally skated on icy footpaths and playgrounds. I always land on my derriere.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One of ’em. A tall doll dressed in turqoise glittered naval dress (naval as in navy not belly button showing as is the norm nowadays, sadly). It wasn’t so much the doll as that it was from her, I loved her dearly.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays to you? They’re not holidays to me. Advent is a season in it’s own right. It ‘s a time of preparation and expectation and anticipation. Christmas is the time of the Lord’s Birth. Not just a reminder of an historic event. The Saviour, our hope is born of flesh, come to save us from the depths of hell.
We’re also to look to the future, to the Lords second coming, to make ourselves right with God daily, because we do not know the hour. Also, this is a time of living and loving laterally. It’s a time for reaching out to others with the peace of our Lord. My advice? Offer someone you haven’t spoken with for a while, a cup of tea and a mince pie, send a card to someone you’ve fallen out with. Build bridges. In short. Love. Forgive and Love some more.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My fave dessert on Christmas Day is pavlova.
16. Favorite Holiday tradition? Christmas traditions, hmm. Well we get up and the children open the gifts in their small christmas stockings, then we get ready for church because we go to Mass every Christmas morning…afterwards we return home to open the rest of their presents, have a big Christmas dinner with family, and then my son usually goes to his Dads’ for a sleepover (it’s tough on me, but it’s fair to Wonderboy) and my daughter and I and my parents spend the whole afternoon vegging out and playing with our prezzies and watching bad Christmas movies we’ve seen a trillion times before. Or something like that.
17. What tops your tree? An Angel, of sorts. It’s actually a fat stuffed Angel. Looks a bit like me.
18. Which do you prefer–GIVING OR RECEIVING? Oooh, I love to Give! That is the tops for me, but I also quite like to be treated to a gift myself , I can’t pretend otherwise.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? My fave Advent Hymn is O Come, O Come Emmanuel….and O Holy Night, Away in a Manger and Little Donkey are my fave Christmas Carols
20. Candy Canes? Love ’em. We get cheap packs from the supermarket, 10 canes for £1.00. But they are just the boring pepermint ones that the cellophane sticks to. Still, you cut your clothe according to your means. They’re fine for me and mine 🙂
Feel free to play!