Saw this over at Paul’s blog and thought it could be interesting. The idea is to list 10 (or so things) that you will NOT regret NOT doing, when you are lying on your deathbed.
- I won’t regret not lying. ..I won’t regret being honest and true and ‘telling it like it is’, even when others do not like to hear the truth.
- I won’t regret not terminating my pregnancies…I won’t ever regret choosing to give my children life, despite being unwed and the future being an uncertainty for us, on both occassions.
- I won’t regret not ever partaking in or supporting bloodsports or shooting animals for fun.
- I won’t regret not spending my whole adult life worrying what other people thought of me.
- I won’t regret not having a thousand acquaintences and only a few really good friends.It’s okay if only a handful of people turn up at my funeral. I was never one for big events. or false friendship.
- I won’t regret that I was not a person who believed that money, expensive posessions, fame, glamour, qualifications etc, made another human being my superior. I am unimpressed by all of these.
- I won’t regret not refusing to trust. Despite suffering many blows… of having trusted in people and having that trust abused…. i have always believed that people are inherently good and worthy of my placing my trust in them.
- I won’t regret not closing myself off despite being hurt….of loving even when there was no hope of love being reciprocated.
- I won’t regret not managing to end my life (many, many years ago)when i believed that the world would be a better place without me in it.
- I won’t regret not supporting war.
If you want to play along, let me know in the combox!