Sweet Therese gave me the ‘honest scrap’ award.
To keep this award, I must do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share “ten honest things” about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they’ve been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.
Here are the 10 honest things about me:
1) If i ever came into some money, i would somehow stare down my fear of flying and go on the journey of a lifetime travelling to various destinations around the world.
2) It is hard for someone to get on the wrong side of me. I put up with a lot of crud before finally pulling the cord on friendships/relationships. But once it’s done, there is no going back for me. I don’t hold grudges and i do forgive…I just don’t forget.
3)I feel guilty about buying things for me. Maybe it’s because somewhere deep down inside me, i don’t think i am worth it.
4) My online interaction with folk might belie this truth, but the fact is i’m pretty underconfident and introverted…in fact, the chances are that around other people in real time i will almost always open my mouth and blurt our something wierd and spend the rest of the time i am around them, wishing i had kept my mouth shut.
5) For some reason I seem to attract wierd/strange/mentally challengedorunstablepsychopeople into my life. I can’t say why that is.
6) I am as neurotic in my ‘blogging life’ as i am in real life. It bothers me, somewhat.
7) These are some of the things that make me happy: Clean sheets on the bed. The smell of a new book or magazine. Honesty. The smell of line dried laundry. My children. My dog. Mountains. Horses. God. The smell of fresh cut grass. Holidays. Feeling inspired. Inspiring others. Expressing affecion. Art. Being understood. Understanding others. Memories. My DSLR. A new pack of post-its. Pink nail polish. My new fineline 80% recycled pen. Sleeping in. Priests and Religious. Music. Food. Internet access. Mass. Blogging. Technology. Friendships. Beaches. Forests. Driving my car. God’s Creation. Confession. Movies. Heart warming stories. Small children. Series. Pain medication. Sunshine. Icons. Pink things. Red things. Rome. My pantry. My laptop. Being creative. Trees. Being alone. Not being alone. A nice cup of tea. Kindness. overcoming sin. Holding babies. Being near the sea. Books. Being around like-minded people. Adoration….
8) I laugh a lot ….and i laugh at inapropriate times. I dread attending funerals for fear of hysteria getting a hold of me. Seriously.
9) I’m my worst critic. No one can make me feel worse than i do about myself.
10) If i could raise my kids all over again there are a lot of things i would have done differently.
Now for 7 blogs to pass this onto: Well here’s where i break the rules. Just pick up this meme if you want to do it, and let me know in the combox 🙂