Many thanks to Val who tagged me for this meme on Facebook. I prefer to respond to it here as i don’t spend too much time on FB really, so here goes…
RULES: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note completing the 36 “I’ve come to realize” statements. At the end, choose the friends you want to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want tot know more about you or I knew you way back when and am interested in what life has taught you!
1. I’ve come to realize that my chest-size. . . is the reason that i weigh at least 2 stone heavier than i otherwise would if i were flat chested.
2. I’ve come to realize that my job. . . is a vocation.
3. I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving. . . I need to make a conscious effort to not allow myself to become so easily irritated by other drivers…even when they are only 5 inches away from the rear of my car and peeping their horn at me for driving at the national speed limit.
4. I’ve come to realize that I need. . .to place my trust in God in all things. all things. all things. There are no areas of my life i can not entrust to His careand as much as i tend to try to control my life, God does a far better job of it than i do. No doubt about that at all.
5. I’ve come that realize that I have lost. . .my way a bit in the past and that i love The Good Shepherd who never fails to come and save me from myself, from danger, from separating myself from Him forever. I have confidence in knowing that though i still go astray, still lose my way, He is always there for me, just waiting for me to come back to Him. Never chastising, always loving me. When i think i am unloveable He shows me that He loves me just as i am.
6. I’ve come to realize that I hate it when. . .i am wrong and i will almost always try to prove (to myself or to others) that i am right even when i know that i am wrong. Graceful submission is something that i need to work on.
7. I’ve come to realize that if I’m drunk. . .it will be on P.G Tips and i might have to sue the company, because i don’t drink alcohol at all. I’ve fortunately never been addicted to alcohol, but i can’t drink it with the medication i take. And when i did enjoy a drink i would always have a crippling migraine the day(s) afterwards. It’s just not worth it. And i happen to like pain medication.
8. I’ve come to realize that money. .. is something i try not to think about at all. Sometimes i have to think about it, but for the most part i try to accept where i am financially and just not focus on my financial situation. Our immediate needs are met. That is the most important thing.
9. I’ve come to realize that certain people. . .may not like me…and that actually i’m okay with that. I don’t have to like everyone in the world and everyone in the world doesn’t have to like me.
10. I’ve come to realize that I’ll always. . .be a sentimental romanticist who is passionate, loving, empathetic, emotional and yes…a little neurotic. I’ll always be tactile and touchy feely. If I have offended or upset people and i always try to make my peace with people with them. Of course, it’s up to the individual whether they allow me to make my peace with them. That’s not my problem.
11. I’ve come to realize that my sibling(s). . .is very different from me, in almost every way. But i love him anyway 😉
12. I’ve come to realize that my mum….is what every mother should be. Non- judgemental, compassionate, supportive, selfless, giving, affectionate, loving, wise, generous, friendly and puts people at their ease and is very welcoming…she is also respectful, hard working, responsible, loyal and beautiful…both on the inside and the outside. She is also a highly skilled homemaker and she has a very sharp brain and a head for maths.
13. I’ve come to realize that my cell phone. . .is a lesson in patience. I’ve just been given a handmedown Motorola Red SLVR (my old mobile phone was an embarrassment to take out in public) and i am still figuring out how to use it. Yesterday both my children were sent home from school because they were unwell and i didn’t get any of the calls on my cell/mobile phone…..or rather i did, but for some reason the phone didn’t vibrate or ring…when i had it set up to do both. I’ll figure it out. Some day.
14. I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning. . .i was terribly overtired and felt like i hadn’t slept a wink. This ‘heatwave’ here in England is playing havoc with my sleeping patterns. There is just no way to get cool at night, even with the window open and no duvet or anything over me. Thankfully, this morning it is raining a little. I hope it will cool the weather down!
15. I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep. . .i should probably not have watched the movie, ‘Dracula’.
16. I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking. . . this meme is very long.
17. I’ve come to realize that my dad. . .has a wicked sense of humour, is solid, dependable, generous, responsible, supportive, tolerant, creative, very skilled at doing things around the home, friendly, intelligent, he is pretty much the strong silent type who only talks when he has something to say and doesn’t waffle on about a load of nothing, except when he is winding me or Mum or the kids up! He’s an interesting person. He doesn’t talk much about himself or his life experiences, he feels most comfortable with the focus on other people. He clowns around a lot and he has been like a father to my Daughter especially, who, as many of you know, has grown up without her Father’s presence in her life. I am very thankful that my Daughter and my Dad have such a wonderful relationship.
18. I’ve come to realize that when I get on Facebook. . .it is pretty much something i can live without. I prefer to chat via email, msn etc these days. I have the new FB layout to thank for that. I don’t like it. So thanks Facebook!
19. I’ve come to realize that today. . .may be the last day of my life. No one knows how long they have. I frequently ask myself if i am being a good steward of my time etc? All too often my answer is ‘I don’t think so’. But i feel like i am gettting ‘there’ in appreciating my life and in utilising my time. Especially the time when i am not in pain. It’s always easier to appreciate than the times when pain dominates my whole day/night.
20. I’ve come to realize that tonight. . .I will probably stay up too late. Maybe i will watch Psycho with my Daughter, if it arrives today. There is 85% off it at Play.com at the moment! Yay it just arrived!!!
21. I’ve come to realize that tomorrow. . .i will be able to press the snooze button as many times as i like and that is okay with me.
22. I’ve come to realize that I really want to. . . just get back my joy of being alive. Pain, both physical and emotional has numbed that sense of exhuberance for life that i once had. I want it back. There are glimpses of joy….that’s okay for now.
23. I’ve come to realize that the person mostly likely to repost this is. . .Owen. NOT!!!
24. I’ve come to realize that life. . .is infinately more intrigueing than we ever think it will be. And that it almost never works out the way we think it should be or hope it will be. Sometimes, it is even better than we ever dreamed it could be. Sometimes it think we live our purgatory on earth. For many of us there is a balance of both extremes. Thankfully.
25. I’ve come to realize that this weekend. . .will be a good weekend for my daughter, she is having her third driving lesson tomorrow and she is really enjoying learning to drive.
26. I’ve realized the best music to listen to when I am upset. . .is no music at all. I am long done with the days of listening to music that makes me feel even worse about myself or the situation i might find myself in. Instead i might sing a song to the Lord, one i have written or one i make up on the spur of the moment….alternatively i sing a Hail Mary or the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
27. I’ve come to realize that my friends. . .are a diverse bunch of people and i like it. Some i will never meet because they live all over the globe, but that doesn’t make them less my friends than other friends i meet with personally. Some people think they have a lot of friends, but numbers don’t impress me. I have one or two great ‘real time’ friends i could go to in a time of need, who i could trust to keep confidences and not spread them around etc. That’s okay with me.
28. I’ve come to realize that this year. . .is half way through already and i’m not sure i’ve achieved anything much that i hoped i would. Though i’m tapping into my creative gene and i am enjoying that a great deal. I hope it pleases others too.
29. I’ve come to realize that me exes. . .whoa….this question came out of nowhere! Lets just say that i am divorced and annulled and i’m grateful to God that as far as He and His Church are concerned, i have never yet been married. For many years now I have made a promise to God about not creating any more ‘exes’, only he knows the details of that promise and i won’t divulge them here. It ain’t about getting me to a nunnery, more about entrusting that area of my personal life to the care of the Lord. What will be will be.
30. I’ve come to realize that maybe I should. . .become more healthy/develop a more structured pattern of prayer in my daily life/cultivate patience/spend less time on the computer/worship at more weekday Masses/confess more regularly etc
31. I’ve come to realize that I love. . .my children more than anything in the world and it scares me sometimes how much i love them. I sometimes think of Abraham and the test he had to go through with his son and i wonder….if it was me, would i have been obedient to God? I think the intensity of my love for them has a lot to do with raising them alone for the past oooh almost 11 years. I’ve also come to realise that i love God more than i thought i did. It constantly surprises me just how much i do love God. And i am a romanticist. I love LOVE!
32. I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand. . .very much about anything really. In fact the older i get, the less i seem to know.
33. I’ve come to realize my past. . .is not who i am now. I strive to not allow my past to dictate how i live my future. I sometimes literally have to say to myself ‘that is not who i am anymore, i am a new creation!’ . And occassionally i actually believe it.
34. I’ve come to realize that parties. . .aren’t my cup of tea…unless they are tea parties, in which case they most definately are.
35. I’ve come to realize that I’m totally terrified. . .of my children becoming seriously ill – or worse, i’m terrified of confined spaces, of spiders, of getting hurt, of hurting others, of losing my internet connection, of losing my creativity, of so many things. Big and small.
36. I’ve come to realize that my life. . .is for LIVING and not merely EXISTING! When i was young i wanted to ‘be somebody’. I thought i had to have attained my dreams to ‘be somebody’. Time has taught me, God has taught me, that i have all along ‘been somebody’. As long as i try to be the best person i can be, the best mother, daughter etc. That is enough. That counts for something.
OKAY. Now condsider yourself tagged if you want to be.